9.17.2007

Blog Anatomy

I've switched to BlogSpot for quite a while but just realized its features and potential recently. 10 points to Google to make BlogSpot/Blogger so easy to post, integrated with other Google services, and very Web2.0 friendly. Here are some cool stuff I'd like to feature here.
  • Slick UI, nice fonts, cool theme - just came out of the box from BlogSpot site.
  • World-class search engine - All a posting is searchable right after they it's published enabled by Google.com-class search engine.
  • Ads are there, but surely not intrusive - Unlike Xanga that shows big ugly ads at the top of any free blog, ads on BlogSpot is customizable. So, I put small ones at the right pane and some at the bottom. When you click, the cut would go to the writer instead of Xanga.
  • HTML-enabled comment box - You can include some simple formatting HTML tag in the comments. Also, when you post comment, you can choose to automatically leave your Google ID on there, override the credential by adding your name and web address, or post the comment as anonymous. It's really easy so keep on 'menting, folks!
  • Integration with Google - Under "What I'm Reading..." section, I added Google Reader widget to share interesting postings from the RSS feeds I checked out several times a day. More widgets are on the way. Will keep you updated.
  • Tags - I've tagged all the postings I wrote in there. See on the right pane under "My Tags" section. You can click "cars" to select only postings about cars I had in there, for instance.
  • All active social-networking buttons - On the right pane, you'll see a bunch of buttons of the social networking sites I'm currently involved in. If you're part of any of those and want me to join your network, just click it.
  • Amazon item preview and add-to-cart - For a lot of item pictures in the site, you can go ahead and hover your mouse over. The preview, star ratings, and current price from Amazon will appear right away. You can just click the Cart button to add the item into your Amazon cart. I'll get a cut out of the sales you give Amazon too. Feel free to let me know if you want me to split that somehow :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Jasonmazo said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.