10.06.2007

Dark Bar of the Month - Chocovic Ocumare

I incidentally found this bar when I was doing my Monday project night drill, picking up water at Trader Joe's in Emeryville. There are several selections of dark chocolate at the register but the one with the tag "Unique Origin - Ocumare" offers specific sources of cocoa. Interesting idea, I think, so I gave it a try on the one from Venezuela.

My girlfriend and I agreed that it's the best dark chocolate we can find so far. Strong but not too bitter. Not at all any sour smell like what Lindt and Hershey's always screw their dark with. Absolutely right level of chewiness and sweetness. And it's just $1.99 per standard-sized bar. Great deal...

After a little more research, I found that the brand is Chocovic from Spain (so amazing that they don't really put their brands on the label; want the product to sell itself? Weird marketing tactic for chocolate bar). The one I tried was the Ocumare with the cocoa from Venezuela. Will try the one from Ecuador this Monday and will let you know.

Big thanks Trader Joe's for this dark sweet find.



If you don't have any Trader Joe's around your area, you can get it from Amazon below:

No comments: